While the Rangers have locked up the top seed in the Eastern Conference, they may not know their first-round playoff opponent under the completion of the regular season on Saturday.
The Blueshirts likely will face either Washington or Buffalo, but they could meet Ottawa or even Florida.
New York, which plays at Pittsburgh on Thursday, also remains tied with Vancouver in the race for the Presidents' Trophy with two games left. The Rangers own the tiebreaker edge.
Here's a look at the playoff possibilities for the other teams:
2. Bruins (98) -- Locked into the No. 2 seed and will take on Ottawa or Washington in the opening round of the playoffs. Buffalo can not finish higher than eighth.
3. Panthers (92) -- Can clinch Southeast Division with win over Washington on Thursday or an overtime/shootout loss. Will clinch playoff spot if Buffalo loses to Philadelphia on Thursday.
4. Penguins (104) Will clinch fourth seed and home ice advantage in first round of playoffs with a win over Rangers or a Flyers' loss to Buffalo. Also will clinch with an overtime/shootout loss and the same by Philadelphia.
5. Flyers (101) -- Can clinch the No. 5 seed with a win over Buffalo on Thursday.
6. Devils (98) -- Can jump to fifth, but must win their final two and have Flyers lose their last two. Likely first-round opponent is Florida.
7. Senators (92) -- Can finish no higher than seventh, but could also drop to eighth. Need one point on Thursday against Boston to clinch seventh, which would assure a first-round series with the Bruins.
8. Capitals (88) -- Can clinch a playoff spot with a win over Florida on Thursday coupled with a Buffalo loss to Philadelphia.
9. Sabres (88) -- Will be eliminated with a loss to Philadelphia and a win by Washington over Florida
1. Canucks (109) -- Lead St. Louis by two points for first overalll in the West. Need three of four points to assure a first-place finish as the Blues own the tiebreaker.
2. Blues (107) -- Settled for one point Wednesday after squadering a two-goal lead in the third period in a 3-2 shootout loss to Red Wings. One of only two teams not in action on Thursday.
3. Kings (93) -- Can clinch playoff spot with one point against San Jose on Thursday.
4. Red Wings (101) -- Can clinch home ice advantage in first round with win over New Jersey and a Nashville loss to Dallas in regulation.
5 Predators (100) -- Fell into fifth with Detroit's win over St. Louis, but own tiebreaker over Red Wings.
6. Blackhawks (98) -- Can still grab the fourth spot with two wins and if Red Wings and Predators secure only one point over their final two games. Finish the regular season against Red Wings on Saturday.
7. Coyotes (93) -- Will clinch a playoff spot with any Dallas loss against Nashville. Join St. Louis as the only teams not in action Thursday.
8. Sharks (92) -- Will clinch a playoff spot with a win over Kings or a Dallas loss to Nashville. Also clinches with a overtime/shootout loss to L.A .and the same result for Dallas.
9. Stars (89) -- Will be eliminated with a loss to Nashville or a San Jose win over L.A.
10. Avalanche (88) -- Will be eliminated if San Jose earns one point against L.A or with any loss to Columbus.